Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Ever Changing Life






January 15, 2012



2 am used to be the middle of perfect REM sleep, or a successful night out in Vegas, or a late night walk on the beach after dinner and drinks in San Diego. Now 2 am brings the sounds of gentle fussing from my little Elijah letting me know he's hungry and in need of a diaper change. Odds are this will happen again in another 3 hours. Thinking about a successful night out in Vegas, or any other city for that matter, now involves entrusting our little boy to someone else and trying to let loose without wondering if I left enough bottles or if he's throwing a fit. Don't get me wrong, these changes have not made me sad (I have to admit I thought they would make me just a little sad) but they make me nostalgic. Kind of like remembering college or high school and sometimes wishing for those care free moments, but realizing the much better place I'm in now.

We have a son. A sweet little boy. And this 8 pound 10 ounce baby has turned our lives upside down in the most miraculous way we could have ever imagined. We had 3 wonderful weeks together before Brandon deployed that were full of round the clock feedings, dodging urine sprays, and more laughs than tears. Eli, Maya, and I will definitely miss Brandon. He is the Varsity member of this parenting team and manages to always have a cool head. But for his sake and ours we will power through these next 250 days, photographing and videoing every little change. And recording it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment