Sunday, May 20, 2012

Coming Home from Home

Well... I'm home. No, not Oklahoma. But my current home in Tennessee. And I have to say: I'm a little out of sorts. So I'm just writing a quick one tonight to help me get back in the groove.

I had an incredible month in Oklahoma with the comfort of family and friends around. Eli got to meet his cool Aunt B and see his Uncle Bubs. He met Brandon's whole family and they couldn't love him more! We went on our first road trip and spent some quality time with some quality people. I even got to swing a golf club for the first time in over a year. (I'm rusty, but it felt good!)  And Eli had a couple "Guys Nights In" with Pops, letting Mom have some much needed girl time. I felt like myself. It was amazing.

So here I am back in Tennessee, fighting the urge to go back to Oklahoma. But I know I have to stay. I felt so happy in Oklahoma and, as I wrote about here, Oklahoma really is home. I'm so blessed that I get to spend so much time there during holidays, cross country moves, and deployments. But I don't live there right now. I live here. And I have to learn to love where I am. I'm an Army wife. I'm not stationary. And I'll never learn to love where I am if I'm always planning my next trip home. So in efforts to not fall into a depression, pack the car, and drive straight home: I'm making plans.

*Blogging- I want to continue writing. It keeps me motivated and moving forward.
*Cooking- I want to keep cooking as long as Eli will let me. He doesn't tolerate his swing so much anymore (he's trying to roll over in it!), but I'm sure I can find a way. At the very least, I will be cooking all of his baby food, which we started this week. More on that later.
*Fashioning- my goal remains to spend more days in real clothes than my fancy yogas. The shopping done in OKC will really help.
*DIYing- lots of projects on the agenda. Painting, organizing, and decorating. I will be so excited to share my finished projects.
*Exploring- I want to get out and find out what's awesome about this town. I want to enjoy Nashville too! I'm looking forward to it. If anyone has any Nashville suggestions let me know!
*Putting myself "out there"-meeting new people in high school or college is so easy! But after college is a different story. Sometimes I feel like making new friends is kind of like dating. It can be awkward at first and takes a while before you reach the "my house is a wreck and I'm still in pajamas, but come over anyway phase". But I'm joining some playgroups and going to do some Mommy and Me things with Eli this summer with the hope of meeting some mom friends.

If I can work on these things this summer I think I'll find my niche here.

So hello Clarksville. My goal is to be happy to call you "home". For a few years at least.

Finally- here's a little dose of Eli. 5 months old on May 17. He's pretty stinkin' cute if you ask me.




2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how rejuvenating a night out with girlfriends can be?! So glad you were able to recharge! Now you can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really IS stinkin' cute! So excited to hear about and see all your plans/projects! Great goals, friend :)

    ReplyDelete